Strategy for Australia’s trusted media icon
Develop a Pan-ABC Social Media Strategy to guide activities across over 500 active social media accounts, spanning more than 1,400 resources actively contributing to social.
The purpose of the Pan-ABC Social Media Strategy project was to provide a framework that enables the ABC to increase unique reach across social channels by providing new ways to identify and reach unique audiences across relevant platforms. The social media strategy needed to align with ABC’s content and programming under a single, clear vision to ensure channels continued to foster trust and pride in the ABC brand and content. The project focused on three key areas:
- Data driven audience insights,
- Content creation and publishing framework, and
- Provide clarity over channel roles, to reach new audiences
- Taking an audience-centric, data-driven approach we were able to consolidate social media activities (and accounts) to maximise ROI from social channels, content and paid media,
- Reduced resource overlaps and inefficiencies, enabling the business to reach its KPI to grow unique reach by 15%.
- Importantly, we didn’t just deliver ‘the strategy’ — we built business capabilities across the ABC’s content creation and social teams.
- Our framework and strategy needed to be two-fold: it needed to span a mass national audience but also engage the fringe and under-serviced audiences.