Present Company is expanding and we are looking to add a mid-weight developer to our digital team.
Present Company is a strategically-driven social media and development agency built on creativity, innovation and technical know-how. We prefer to treat our clients as partners and strive to work collaboratively across disciplines within our team and with project stakeholders from conception to completion.
As an innovative full stack developer, well grounded in PHP, with a strong knowledge of Unix, and experience in agile methodologies, you'll bring an appreciation of craftsmanship in developing and deploying digital solutions for our clients. Working within the digital team, you will be exposed to an array of tools, skills and technologies with clear purpose and ownership. You will be part of the decision-making process from concept through implementation.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting with the management of our AWS infrastructure (EC2, CloudFront, Route 53, S3).
- Working with Linux and macOS systems.
- Using MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony) to develop web applications.
- Using the Git Flow workflow to manage our code repositories.
- Working with (and extending) our Gulp web build system.
- Creating WordPress themes and static HTML5 sites.
What we would like you to know already
- Experience working in an agile team. We use Scrum but Kanban is cool too.
- An understanding of database systems (both relational and NoSQL).
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code platforms. We use Chef and
- OpsWorks but we’re keen to give Docker a go.
- How to create (and consume) REST APIs.
- Enough about networking to understand our Amazon VPCs.
- How to develop accessible websites.
- Any kind of testing: Unit testing, Jasmine, Mocha, BDD, Zombie.js etc.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (namely JIRA and Confluence).
- Continuous integration.
- App development experience.
How to apply
Send your CV and / or GitHub handle to email@example.com and we’ll get in touch.