Present Company is expanding and we are looking to add a mid-weight developer to our digital team.
Present Company is a strategically-driven social media and development agency built on creativity, innovation and technical know-how. We prefer to treat our clients as partners and strive to work collaboratively across disciplines within our team and with project stakeholders from conception to completion.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting with the management of our AWS infrastructure (EC2, CloudFront, RDS, Route 53, S3, OpsWorks).
- Working with macOS and Linux systems.
- Developing apps in React Native. Experience with native app development is a big plus too.
- Using MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony) to develop web applications.
- Using the Git Flow workflow to manage our code repositories.
- Working with (and extending) our Gulp web build system.
- Creating static HTML5 sites using headless CMS platforms.
What we would like you to know already
- Experience working in an agile team. We use Scrum but Kanban is cool too.
- An understanding of database systems (both relational and NoSQL).
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code platforms. We use Chef and OpsWorks but we’re keen to give Docker a look in the near future.
- How to create (and consume) REST APIs.
- Enough about networking to understand our Amazon VPCs.
- How to develop accessible websites.
- Any kind of testing: Unit testing, Jasmine, Mocha, BDD, Zombie.js etc.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (namely JIRA and Confluence).
- Continuous integration.
- A passion for new (and emerging) technologies and frameworks. Bots, augmented reality, natural language processing, progressive web apps and the like.
How to apply
Send your CV and / or GitHub handle to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch.