Head Art Director
Present Company is looking for a new Head Art Director.
Present Company is a strategically-driven social media & development agency built on creativity, innovation and technical know-how.
As the Head Art Director, you will be leading a studio team of seven; including designers, videographers, producer, editors and animators, specialising in social media content creation and digital ideas.
You will have a passion across all forms of content and digital production, and will be a natural leader on driving projects from ideation through to delivery.
Your will be an experienced Art Director with 2+ years’ in a similar level role, managing a department.
What you'll be doing
- Demonstrate outstanding creative conceptual and design skills through a portfolio that is clean and visually strong.
- Partner with our clients to harbour an in-depth understanding of their brand identities and values.
- Develop relationships with key client contacts, in conjunction with Account Directors and Managing Director.
- Big-picture vision on new and existing clients; finding ways to strengthen and build their brand through content and digital ideas.
- Ability to expertly translate ideas in any situation, from informal conversations to company presentations.
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and design principles.
- Build a strong, proactive team spirit and contribute to the broader culture of the business via collaboration with other teams.
- Manage and mentor junior members of the team through creative direction and development of skills.
- Awareness of current and future design and advertising industry trends, as well as broader cultural trends.
- Partner with the Social Producer to contribute to the planning of workflow across the team.
What we'd like you to know already
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (After Effects experience would be a bonus).
- Photo-retouching and editing skills.
- Have a basic knowledge of photography and videography; enough to understand requirements for content production, and to develop members of the team.
- Proven ability to develop and refine ideas, and sell into clients.
- Previous experience managing a team and developing their skill set.
- Have impeccable verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
How to apply
Please send your expression of interest along with your CV (and portfolio) to email@example.com with ‘Head Art Director’’ in the subject line.