Experience designer (strategic)
Present Company is expanding and on the hunt for an experience designer to join the team.
We're a strategy and design firm who believes understanding your customer is the most important and effective way to make business decisions. You will be joining a highly effective team of strategists, researchers, UX, UI, Visual designers and engineers working at the intersection of brand, product and experience. Last year was weird, but we came out swinging and are looking to scale our design efforts in both capacity and maturity.
What we’d like to see:
- 4+ years creating small and large-scale digital experiences
- Experience designing for a variety of industries including retail, travel, education, finance and then some
- Full understanding of how to uncover the true needs of users through various modes of thinking and apply the insights to the design and business needs
- Strong ability translating abstract ideas and requirements into tangible artefacts that allow for cross functional teams to align on vision and outcomes
- Direct client interaction experience with workshops and presentations, that have enabled stakeholders with vision/direction
- Figma and Miro should be core parts of your toolbox
- Knowledge of various prototyping tools and techniques to help understand the problem, test concepts and communicate experiences to internal teams and clients.
- Knowledge of designing brand experiences across many channels, including web and product
- Understanding the business impact of the design solutions
- Pushing your designs past the obvious
How to apply
If this sounds like you then please send your CV and anything else of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design @ PC
We judge our work against three simple principles, being:
- Outcomes driven
Our aim is to deliver value in our work deep in the context of our clients’ businesses. Our team’s broad capability can frame, investigate, analyse, structure and apply customer understanding to drive immediate and long term impact. We do not simply handover deliverables: we aim to move beyond this into tangible impact.
Who will use your work
Internal - Our work is always structured and shared in a way that allows genuine translation of the information, not just passing on accountability. We care for and nurture the future life of our work, and our teams.
External - Our team is comfortable in developing and presenting design work as solutions that hold value at the business level. We deal in concept and abstracts that translate through a business into executional and operational directives.
The role, generally
We like deep generalists. You will know your strengths and we aim to enable you to define how you use them to lift the team around you. Without the ego though, we are driven but keep it chill.
This is not a come get told what to do type of role. We are looking for people that can deal with ambiguity and help us build unique outcome driven solutions. This will require you to work with the team to unpack briefs, challenge assumptions and find the opportunity for unforeseen value. Unlock that value, understand the data, build defensible recommendations and communicate those in the best possible way.
We don’t do process for process sake: we trust our team to develop bespoke methodologies according to the business need.
The vibe, generally
We work as an agency, but aren’t just an agency. We consult, but we’re not a consultancy. We build our our products and businesses, but we’re not just an incubator. Everyone works with a high degree of autonomy and we strain to keep the hierarchy as flat as possible.
The business model for our type of business hasn’t been solved, so we operate on lots of questions, to expect and provide plenty of support, and to be brave and clever.