Present Company is expanding and we are looking to add a mid-weight developer to our digital team.
Present Company is a strategically-driven social media and development agency built on creativity, innovation and technical know-how. We prefer to treat our clients as partners and strive to work collaboratively across disciplines within our team and with project stakeholders from conception to completion.
As an innovative developer well grounded in Drupal, modern web development and Agile methodologies, you'll bring an appreciation of craftsmanship in developing and deploying digital solutions for our clients. Working within the digital team, you will be exposed to an array of tools, skills and technologies with clear purpose and ownership. You will be part of the decision-making process from concept through implementation.
What you'll be doing
- Planning, implementing and maintaining Drupal 8 websites.
- Using the Git Flow workflow to manage our code.
- Working with the team to continuously improve our development approach.
- Sharing your understanding of Drupal with the rest of the team.
- Collaborating with UX designers and project managers to scope web builds.
- Contributing to internal prototype development projects which expand the capabilities of the team.
- Learning new skills and working with new technologies to support our development work outside of Drupal.
What we would like you to know already
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- Previous examples of work with large Drupal 8 websites.
- An understanding of relational database systems.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code platforms. We use Chef and Amazon OpsWorks for Drupal sites but use a microservices approach for other stacks.
- How to create (and consume) REST APIs.
- How to develop accessible websites.
- Unit and integration testing for Drupal sites.
- CI/CD with CircleCI, AWS CodeDeploy, Jenkins or similar.
- Experience creating HTML5 sites using headless CMS platforms.
- An understanding of modern web build systems like Webpack.
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms (in particular AWS).
- A passion for new (and emerging) technologies and frameworks.