Present Company are on the hunt for a permanent Strategy Director.
You will have business acumen, coming from an in-house strategy role that enabled you to successfully implement strategies that had tangible results; or you have experience developing impactful, commercially-led strategy that has impacted businesses as a consultant.
You will be a generalist in strategy, and will be able to deliver projects across a range of channels and industries, including:
- Marketing and business strategy
- Customer experience design and digital innovation
- Content strategy
- Social media strategy (including paid media)
- Product and service positioning
- CVP development
You are generous in your thinking and time with clients and colleagues. You understand and value relationships in business and genuinely want to deliver change and value back to clients.
This role requires a person who will invest interest and time in tailored management and performance of a team. Our strategists each have a different area of expertise and we wish to maintain this in order to continue to expand our offering.
Previous people in this role have been in roles such as Head of Marketing, and Management Consultant.
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for strategy development across a range of industries and types of projects, written both by yourself and team members
- Turn strategies and ideas into sell-able documents for meetings, and detailed artefacts for stakeholder distribution
- Gauge commercial opportunities and respond with an appropriate methodology and according level of effort
- Seeking new opportunities to add value to existing clients’ business
- New business development including tender submissions
- Senior point of escalation for strategy project clients and retained clients
- Offer new points of view and alternative ways of framing challenges and solutions
- Provide clarity to complex problems and direction on how to progress
- Able to synthesise multiple inputs into clear documentation
- Development and delivery of qualitative and quantitative research
- Representing the agency and confidently communicating work to senior clients and stakeholders
- Owner of agency IP, ensuring that it is used appropriately to build strategies for clients
- Contribute to the development of new IP for use by strategy team and agency
- Responsible for management of a team of four strategists of various levels of experience and capabilities, who are all client facing and accountable for their own projects
- Work with internal teams and department leads to ensure strategies are being used and implemented as designed
- Comfortable and active in managing up to management on key projects and personnel
What we'd like you to know already
- Min 10 years experience working in similar roles
- Experience delivering multiple types of strategies that delivered tangible outcomes
- Team management experience
- Confidence in presenting and talking through strategy projects
- Interests outside of work that can you contribute to the agency
How to apply
If this role sounds like it matches your skills and experience then please send your CV and a bit about yourself to email@example.com